Sunday, November 29, 2009

How To Bake With Silicone Cupcake Molds

Ubuntu works!

Brief how-to for installing Eclipse on Linux. Normally Linux distributions shall be made available to the installation package of Eclipse, but I, for Eclipse, I prefer to refer to the official website (matter of taste). This mini-guide describes how to install the stuff yourself.

Prerequisites
Download the official site of Eclipse the Linux version you want:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
jee I chose the 64bit version, so the package name refers to the chosen version is available at the time when I run these operations.


Installation unzip the downloaded application
in the directory / opt
:
sudo tar-xvzf eclipse-jee-galileo-SR1-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz-C / opt
With I regret on my distribution (KDE4 + XFce 64bit) pages of Eclipse occasionally get stuck, not allowing me to use properly implemented. To resolve this problem you must set the following system variable before starting Eclipse: GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS = true
I created a little bash script that provides to set the environment variable before starting Eclipse:

file eclipseGTK.sh "



# / bin / bash export
GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS
= true / opt / eclipse / eclipse exit 0

NB: of course you must remember to make the script file executable: chmod + x


Plug-in option profits

version of Eclipse are already some plug-in. From the website of JBoss Tools: http://www.jboss.org/tools
, you can find other useful plug-in.
If you want to have fun with Hibernate, I recommend downloading the plug-in relative HibernateTools-3.3.0.v200911251807N-H130-RC1.zip (this is the version that was available at the time when I performed the operation). do not have to do is unzip the archive into the directory where you installed Eclipse.

Happy Programming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment